Friday, June 19, 2009

What I'm LOVING right now...


BLAZERS- Always a great layer to an outfit. My favorite kind right now are the over sized longer style ones. They are great to throw over a casual outfit to dress it up. I think they look super cute with high waisted shorts or skirts but you can also put them with tight skinny leggings or jeans. Since I live in Florida and it's normally waaay to hot for jackets so i scrunch or roll up the sleeves above my elbows like this pic of Mary-Kate. If you're going to get one...I would say get your first one in black.
Yesterday I went looking for blazers at thrift stores because you will find the longer 90's style ones a lot cheaper and with so many more options. I found that most Thrift stores sold them as a suit so don't be turned away if you don't see them on the rack by themselves. Also, most of the older ones you will find in these stores have shoulder pads. I like to keep them in but they can easily be taken out.
SEQUENCE-More for those of you who are willing to add some daring fun to your wardrobe. I don't think any of my friends would go for it but I know it's been sneaking on the runway and in some fashion magazines lately. I think a cute sequence mini skirt with tights under is a good look as long as you make sure to keep it classy and not cheap. To help a sequence shirt not look tacky I would pair it with a white button up professional looking dress shirt tucked in with some gladiator heels or short boots.
I recently bought this amazing sequence sweater from my favorite 2nd hand vintage shop dechoes and I actually didn't have the guts to wear it this winter...maybe next winter. Here is my friend elsie wearing it on a photoshoot. PhotobucketSo the other night I couldn't find anything to wear that I was happy with so I remembered this sequence mini dress I had bought a couple years ago that was on a sale rack for $3 bucks. I never wore it b/c it was too tight. So i decided to cut it right up the middle to make it in to a light little jacket. It is now my favorite piece in my closet and it really adds a lot to an outfit if you don't feel like wear accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment