Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cheap make-up ideas for summer time!


I've been getting in to make-up so much more than usual lately. I hate going to spend $25 on one little compact or $15 on a small thing of eye shadow. As much as a love ULTA, Sephora, and MAC...It's just not affordable for me these days. When it comes down to it...as long as you're happy with the way you look when you leave the house then it doesn't matter what brand you use. Keep in mind, that you don't want something that will be bad for your complexion or make you look orange. If you DO however...feel like spending money on good make-up that will make you look light and fresh...I really really recommend Bare Minerals. It has great coverage and it lasts a really long time if you use it correctly.
I just ordered an 88 piece eye shadow palatte from http://bhcosmetics.com/ and it was only $19.95. They also offer largers palattes of eye shadow, blush, and lip gloss. I'll have to let you know how I like it when it comes in the mail next week.
Another great money saving make-up website is http://eyeslipsface.com/ Everything is just $1!!! I have a whole box full of their make-up and I don't think it's bad at all for just ONE DOLLAR! They don't really have any bright colors but I think everything goes on pretty smooth and natural looking.
Another cheap brand I like is N.YC. Which can be found at a drug store like CVS. This is normally where I get my liquid eye liner, nail polish, and lip gloss from. I think mostly everything is around $5 or under.
For summer....I've been keeping my nails a fun bright color almost every week. Try orange, yellow, and bright purple this summer! If you get your nails done, ask them if they have any nail art they can glue on. A few of the girls I work with and I put on some tiny little fruits a while ago. Here is a pic of Katy perry's nail art with sushi that I just adore!Photobucket
Right now my nails are a purple/pink color and I took a black sharpie and drew a big heart on each of my thumbs. I know that there are new art pens for sale in drug stores and online but they are usually around $10 for just one color. Why spend that much when you can use a pack of colored sharpies or metalic paint pens from Michaels or your local arts and craft store for so much cheaper? Here is another cool pic of nail art that I MUST do soon! Photobucket
I am starting to wear lipstick all the time now. I use to only go for light colored lip glosses but I think bold colors are so much more fun! I love to wear very blood red...mostly at night. But a couple colors that are popular right now are an orange-pink or a hot pink. Try to mix your color with a little bit of eye shadow or blush that is a pinch lighter/darker than the lipstick you choose so these colors aren't sooo bright or tacky looking. You don't want to look like you just walked out of an 80's music video or jazzercise class! =)Photobucket a couple people who really pull this look off (I think) is rihanna and natalie portman.
ALSO! don't forget to put blush on!!! Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine but sometimes I see girls who have this pale white make up on or very orange/tan make-up on with NO COLOR on their cheek bones! Under all that make-up your natural complextion has a little pink doesn't it? Just add enough to make it look kissed by the sun!! It will make you look much more fresh, natural, and bright!! light powder under your eyes and light pink on your cheek bones girls!
That's all for now! I'll update a post with summer hair soon!
XO - Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment