Friday, June 19, 2009

1st post and a long read...

Alright, so I started this blog for a few reasons...first of all though...I just love clothes, fashion, colors, costumes, and statements. Period. Another reason being that something I have always wanted to do was be a fashion coordinator/stylist. AND...since I don't see that happening anytime soon or EVER. I figured the next best thing would be to start a blog where I could let the virtual world of myself do it's own styling for those of you who care what I think. Last, I don't have a lot of money to go shopping all the time for the newest trend and the best designer labels and i know in this day and time neither do most...so I'm going to give the best info I can to show you how fashionable you can look yet still keep it affordable and creative and where I find some of my favorite things :)
I also wanted to say I haven't always been into fashion. I went through phases like most kids/teens do growing up. The stage where my mom told me what to wear, which probably consisted of limited too and 5-7-9. In middle school I went through a preppy stage and a grunge/skater stage...and then starting after middle school I pretty much wore things my sisters wore b/c they were older and I thought that must be cool. My friend and I would grab my parents video camera and do make-up tutorials on each other, put on "right said fred" and tear apart my closet.
I would say more than 50% of what I wore in highschool and college was inspired by pop culture mixed with the 80's and some of those outfits...my gosh...what was I thinking? But even then my friends knew I had my own thing going on and love it or hate it they accepted how I dressed and knew that I was going to wear whatever I was going to throw together. I wouldn't say I regret that stage b/c I think thats mostly when I developed my biggest interest and love for fashion.
At some point while walking through the mall a girl who is now not only a good freind, but one of my biggest fashion inspirations came up to me and asked if I wanted to interview @ a store opening in the brand new millenia mall. Morgan de toi was only open for about 3 months before it became the first store shut down in that mall :( I got the chance to work with her again @ Arden B. where I learned the most from her as my manger and friend.
Now being 25, I think I've finally stopped going through awkward stages and "trends" I like to try and find things that no one else will have. I love being girly but I also like mixing that with an edge. Layers are great and so are different patterns mixed together. I would say I border the hipster style with a more of an old fashioned twist. I don't know...whatever you want to call it, I always define myself with what I wear and I always try to make it look like something my friends would say "this looks like something katie would wear"
This has become so much longer than I had in mind but I wanted readers to know where I came from and that you should just take risks no matter what anyone else thinks..as long as you're confident in what you're wearing. I'm going to post this and start putting up what this blog is suppose to be all about...

No comments:

Post a Comment